Well it’s that time of year again, time to write this year’s resolutions. I think we all know that I’m not going to stick to it, ha ha. It’s not that I don’t mean well… It’s just that it’s not the first thing comes to mind. I think that’s the same for all of us. Well, here it goes! Wish me luck!
- Create and maintain a healthy diet. I want to eat more fruit and veg, and generally speaking cut out the shit like biscuits and pizzas. Time to stop lying to myself and start making a difference.
- Start exercising. It doesn’t matter how small it is, at least I’m trying! Start with something small like yoga, Maybe cycling to university, and work my way up.
- Complete my first year at uni successfully (defined as pass every module with a 2.2 or above).
- Make a change. I’d love to do a campaign or something similar to help my fellow students. I know this all depends of if something is actually needed, I mean, it’d be a fantastic thing if a campaign for change isn’t needed because it means everything is going well! 🙂
- Get experience working in the history and education industries.
- Maintain mindfulness in my everyday life. Eating, sleeping, walking, everything.
- Be more aware of what’s going on around me. Catch up on big events in the news at least once a month. (I swear there’s some variation of this on my list every year!)
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help if I need it, that’s what it’s there for. I think so many people are scared of asking for help, just like me! We don’t realise that people actually genuinely want to help sometimes, and if we just accept – it’s be a lot less stress for us!
- No caffeine by 2020. It can only do me good! 🙂
- Get a part-time job. I’ve always worked, I’d like to make a little extra money alongside my degree by getting a job too 🙂 Ideally something with guaranteed hours rather than casual work!
What are your goals for 2019?
I’d love to hear your resolutions, are they new? Or are some from last year that you’re still working on?